• Getting number of active nodes

From nolageek@VERT/CAPSHRIL to Digital Man on Wed Jun 15 09:57:31 2022
    Re: Couple of JS Questions
    By: Digital Man to Apam on Mon May 23 2022 10:00 pm

I'm working on a mod to turn on a light when I have active nodes - however sometimes the light will stay on after someone logs off, even when no one else is logged in - but there is a active connection by a bot, scanner, or network call of some kind. I'm currently using server.clients to get this number but it's leaving the light on (and not in a good Motel 6 kind of way)

Is there a better way to get the number of actual nodes with a user actually logged in?

|15n|03ola|15g|03eek |10<|02phenom|10>|07
    |12C|04APiT0L |12S|04HRiLL|07

---
    þ Synchronet þ Capitol Shrill BBS - Washington, DC - capitolshrill.com
  • From Digital Man@VERT to nolageek on Wed Jun 15 08:59:19 2022
    Re: Getting number of active nodes
    By: nolageek to Digital Man on Tue Jun 14 2022 11:57 pm

Re: Couple of JS Questions
    By: Digital Man to Apam on Mon May 23 2022 10:00 pm

I'm working on a mod to turn on a light when I have active nodes - however sometimes the light will stay on after someone logs off, even when no one else is logged in - but there is a active connection by a bot, scanner, or network call of some kind. I'm currently using server.clients to get this number but it's leaving the light on (and not in a good Motel 6 kind of way)

Is there a better way to get the number of actual nodes with a user actually logged in?

Iterate through the system.node_list array and count up how many have a status property value of NODE_INUSE (defined in load/nodedefs.js). Or just simply set/return true if *any* of them are in-use (you don't need the actual total).

That should leave the light on for ya only when there's an actual rent-paying customer. :-)
    --
    digital man (rob)

Rush quote #70:
    He's got a problem with his power, with weapons on patrol .. New World Man Norco, CA WX: 66.4øF, 78.0% humidity, 1 mph SE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ Vertrauen þ Home of Synchronet þ [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net