• Re: Life

From Paul Hayton@3:770/100 to g00r00 on Sat Dec 31 12:26:47 2022
    On 30 Dec 2022 at 07:40p, g00r00 pondered and said...

No prob, and hello and welcome back.

Thanks. I am not 100% back to my old pace yet but I am going to be
    making an effort to ramp up on development more.

Don't burn yourself out... I think I did that and with other family and work pressures this last year have not been as active as I would have liked to be. But when I do have a play in the BBS pond it's nice :)

My original plan for all of 2022 was to release 1.12 on December 17th
    for the 25th anniversary of Mystic. Unfortunately as you know I had to step away from my usual pace for a good chunk of this year.

Yep. Totally understand.

I am pretty disappointed that I missed that date, but I didn't feel comfortable releasing A48 (let alone 1.12) because I am not up to speed with how its been working (or not working) for the community.

Better to just let things roll until you are. To be honest I've not used A48 much and stuck to A47. There are some niggles (from memory) and folks will chime in here no doubt and on othernets to let you know. I don't think too many
    things are major problems (I think)..

I did have some additional plans cooking for the 25th anniversary but
    all of it had to be put on the back burner.

There's always the 26th :)

If you have been using A48 or have heard any rumblings I would love to hear your thoughts on things.

Let me dig back and if I can surface some stuff I'll post it here, but as mentioned others will/can chime in also and will likely be more up to speed than I am at present.

What I can let you know is that I've been spending a little bit of time on the wiki around September and started to update content e.g. adding more recent MUTIL functions etc. You're arrival has spurred me into action again today ;)

There's a bunch of stuff I could protectively work on re content changes in naming conventions if you felt A48 may come out in the coming weeks e.g. whitelist.txt changes to allowlist.txt etc. I just wasn't sure when to press ahead with that stuff.

Lastly, if I want to contact you privately is the mystic Gmail still the best way to go?

Thanks James..

Happy New Year from over here, it's 2.26pm on 31/12/22 so I'm almost at burbon and coke stage now.. heh

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.8 (Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | bbs.nz/#Fidonet (3:770/100)
  • From g00r00@1:129/215 to Paul Hayton on Fri Dec 30 19:22:13 2022
    Don't burn yourself out... I think I did that and with other family and work pressures this last year have not been as active as I would have liked to be. But when I do have a play in the BBS pond it's nice :)

Agreed. Moderation is always good and it helps to keep things interesting in a
    sometimes slow-changing hobby, I think.

Better to just let things roll until you are. To be honest I've not used A48 much and stuck to A47. There are some niggles (from memory) and
    folks will chime in here no doubt and on othernets to let you know. I don't think too many things are major problems (I think)..

I'd like to think A48 brings new stuff and fixes more than it breaks, but time will tell lol. I've just uploaded the latest A48 code now that the prealpha folder is available again on mysticbbs.com. I'll have to see if I can get some
    feedback.

There's always the 26th :)

Yep or the 30th if I am still kicking around then. Its crazy to think that I've been doing this for 25 years now.

Let me dig back and if I can surface some stuff I'll post it here, but as mentioned others will/can chime in also and will likely be more up to speed than I am at present.

Sounds good, if you come across anything please pass along. But don't waste too much time on it, I am sure eventually people will get to me.

What I can let you know is that I've been spending a little bit of time
    on the wiki around September and started to update content e.g. adding more recent MUTIL functions etc. You're arrival has spurred me into
    action again today ;)

Thats awesome, thank you for the help!

There's a bunch of stuff I could protectively work on re content changes in naming conventions if you felt A48 may come out in the coming weeks e.g. whitelist.txt changes to allowlist.txt etc. I just wasn't sure
    when to press ahead with that stuff.

I have to find a way to compile the macOS version but other than that I am ready to release A48 now if the community seems to think its good to go.

Lastly, if I want to contact you privately is the mystic Gmail still the best way to go?

Normally I would say yes, but at some point my e-mail stopped syncing and I didn't notice it until today. I just assumed I wasn't getting e-mail because I
    hadn't been active. There could be a lot of e-mail sitting in there that I have not seen yet.

I would say for now Netmail works. I never stopped checking my netmail while I
    was gone, although it was usually once every other week or so.

Happy New Year from over here, it's 2.26pm on 31/12/22 so I'm almost at burbon and coke stage now.. heh

Happy new year, time traveler!

I have an extra day off work on Monday, and for once I don't have a million things going on this weekend. Time to kick back and join you... I'll have Whiskey Sour in your honor tomorrow when the time arrives!

Cheers!

.... Live every day as though it were your last. One day, you'll be right

* Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | bbs.nz/#Fidonet (1:129/215)
  • From Andrew Leary@1:320/219 to g00r00 on Sun Jan 1 02:17:04 2023

Hello g00r00!

30 Dec 22 21:22, you wrote to Paul Hayton:

Lastly, if I want to contact you privately is the mystic Gmail
    still the best way to go?

Normally I would say yes, but at some point my e-mail stopped syncing
    and I didn't notice it until today. I just assumed I wasn't getting e-mail because I hadn't been active. There could be a lot of e-mail sitting in there that I have not seen yet.

I would say for now Netmail works. I never stopped checking my
    netmail while I was gone, although it was usually once every other
    week or so.

I've tried to netmail you a couple times but always get a connection timed out on mysticbbs.pwnz.org port 24554. Please poll me at 1:320/219.

Thanks,

Andrew

* Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | bbs.nz/#Fidonet (1:320/219)
  • From g00r00@1:129/215 to Andrew Leary on Tue Jan 3 14:05:26 2023
    I've tried to netmail you a couple times but always get a connection
    timed out on mysticbbs.pwnz.org port 24554. Please poll me at
    1:320/219.

Yeah sorry about that. My BBS has been down and I have been manually polling for some time now. I need to get things back to normal I'll see about polling you after work tonight if I don't forget.

.... Oxymoron: Race walking

* Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | bbs.nz/#Fidonet (1:129/215)