• March 2023 MBR The Divorce Shelf

From Midwest Book Review@3:633/280.2 to All on Tue Apr 4 01:09:09 2023
    The Divorce Shelf

My Husband Chose The Homewrecker Over Me, Now What?
    Yolanda Randolph & Roshonda N. Blackmon
    RettieBooks
    9781734385380, Paperback: $17.99; E-book: $9.99; Hardcover: $20.00

https://www.amazon.com/Husband-Chose-Homewrecker-Over-What/dp/1734385383

My Husband Chose The Homewrecker Over Me, Now What? makes a big promise to = its readers from the start -- the promise of recovery from heartache and be= trayal in love:

"With each chapter, I'll take you through my own personal burn, sharing sto= ries of my process of maneuvering past my heartache and divorce in hopes th=
    at my story will be a motivation for you to push past your pain and to focu=
    s on your healing."

This is a candid account about being burned, confronting bad choices and un= intended good consequences, and the process of facing betrayal and reconstr= uction. It features an eye to salvaging not just one's financial life, but = emotional connections to life, faith, and new possibilities in love. The ro= ller-coaster of emotions experienced during this journey is explored with a=
    sassy, lively voice that reviews the peaks and valleys of infidelity and d= ivorce. The advice to fellow women who are walking the same path comes not = from a psychotherapist or relationship expert, but one who has confronted h=
    er own heartbreak, illusions, healing, and recovery process.

Yolanda Randolph and Roshonda N. Blackmon explore all these elements and mo= re, following what happens when a marriage breaks apart. Many books on the = market seem to offer similar-sounding approaches; but what sets My Husband = Chose The Homewrecker Over Me, Now What? apart from most others is its cand=
    id blend of memoir and self-help exploration, which adopts both a determine=
    d tone and one that exposes all the raw moments of heartbreak and the proce= sses that strengthen the soul.

From exes who, like ghosts, seem to "come back again and again" to haunt an=
    d thwart recovery to moving on to the tests of character and misunderstandi= ngs that emerge from different situations when one attempts to lead a Chris= tian-based life, Randolph and Blackmon pull no punches in either Randolph's=
    candid assessment of herself or the situations that draw her towards or aw=
    ay from her foundation of faith. Another difference lays in the chapter abo=
    ut kids and the impact of infidelity, heartbreak, and emotional currents in=
    the home. Readers receive the astute admonition that "...kids need time to=
    process, too, after breakups, changes, and divorce. There was a void in th= eir lives, too, just as much as there was one in my life."

The story goes on to expand into the scenario of a stepfather also departin=
    g: "First their father is gone and now this! The stepfather may not be the = biological father, but his presence is still missed around the house when h= e's no longer around."

The in-depth details about the household impacts of such events offers read= ers much food for thought about the adjustments and clashes between all fam= ily members as healing takes place, and is an invaluable part of the curati=
    ve process that's often missed in books about divorce and recovery. The res= ult is a Christian-based examination of marriage, lapses, recovery, and red= emption that places the onus of strength on the woman who faces a home-wrec= king situation and emerges from it to forge a new life not just for herself=
    , but her whole family.

Libraries strong in Christian stories of redemption, revitalization, and re= juvenation will find the honest tone and practical insights into recovering=
    from a breakup offers not just much food for thought, but many discussion = points that Christian reading groups can raise and learn from.

EDITOR'S NOTE:

The Midwest Book Review is an organization of volunteers committed to promo= ting literacy, library usage, and small press publishing. We accept no fund=
    s from authors or publishers. Full permission is given to post any of these=
    reviews on thematically appropriate websites, newsgroups, listserves, inte= rnet discussion groups, organizational newsletters, or to interested indivi= duals. Please give the Midwest Book Review a credit line when doing so.

The Midwest Book Review publishes the monthly book review magazines "Califo= rnia Bookwatch", "Internet Bookwatch", "Children's Bookwatch", "MBR Bookwat= ch", "Reviewer's Bookwatch", and "Small Press Bookwatch". All are available=
    for free on the Midwest Book Review website at www (dot) midwestbookreview=
    (dot) com

Anyone wanting to submit books for review consideration can send them to:

James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief
    Midwest Book Review
    278 Orchard Drive
    Oregon, WI 53575-1129

To submit reviews of any fiction or non-fiction books, email them to Frugal= muse (at) aol (dot) com (Be sure to include the book title, author, publish= er, publisher address, publisher website/phone number, 13-digit ISBN number=
    , and list price).

James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief
    Midwest Book Review

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.8 (Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: ---:- FTN<->UseNet Gate -:--- (3:633/280.2@fidonet)