From Midwest Book Review@3:633/280.2 to All on Sat Aug 5 01:38:55 2023
    The Law/Justice Shelf

Truth Matters Love Wins
    Alexandra J. Kuisis
    Muse Literary
    https://museliterary.com
    9781958714782, $23.56 Hardcover, $14.99 Paper, $4.99 Kindle

https://a.co/d/9Ovzjpj

Truth Matters Love Wins: A Memoir of Choosing Faith over Fear in the Face o=
    f False Accusations tells of a happily married woman who seems to have ever= ything until she is accused, out of the blue, of committing numerous felony=
    crimes and comes to realize the depth of betrayal and falsehoods created b=
    y someone close to her. Her unwitting foray into a pursuit for justice open=
    s with a doorbell ring in 2016, an accusation which is especially impossibl=
    e considering her commitment to children and education, and the realization=
    that other seemingly innocent accusations and mistakes have actually been = purposeful attempts to sully her name and ruin her life.

Her immediate reaction is in keeping with her innate response to any troubl=
    e or challenge: "This is so me, to be immediately searching for a deeper me= aning or bigger purpose mere nanoseconds into a confusing or troubling situ= ation." In this case, she quickly comes to realize that the accusation is m= ore than a mistake. It's a set-up that challenges her life ambitions and co= nvictions in the cruelest way possible, miring Alexandra J. Kuisis in a leg=
    al and psychological struggle that tests her ability to both survive and re= gain control over her life. Why would a child with an "overflowing heart," = whom she loves, entrap her with a lie that could commit her to prison for l= ife?

As the author challenges the accusation and navigates unfamiliar legal terr= itory, she struggles to maintain an attitude and perspective that will not = only free her, but reveal the truth. "There is no force more powerful than =
    a woman determined to rise." As she pursues justice and contemplates variou=
    s avenues for achieving it, family and personal relationships fall under th=
    e eye of assumptions and suspicion as she arrives at difficult realizations=
    that "...it turns out not everyone is interested in hearing what I have to=
    say before making me the villain, and that's confusing for a justice-drive=
    n person like myself. If only they understood, if only they'd listen, if on=
    ly they knew... Alas, I remind myself I can only walk my line, tell my trut=
    h, and rest assured that karma is keeping very close tabs on what's going o=
    n around here. What doesn't align with the truth has no choice but to fall = away eventually."

Anyone who has been falsely accused, any who harbor a love of children and = family, and readers interested in how the wheels of justice come off and ar=
    e thwarted by psychological conflicts will find Truth Matters Love Wins a p= owerful lesson in perseverance, faith, and ultimately, forgiveness. Truth M= atters Love Wins is a riveting memoir that deserves a prominent place in li= braries interested in issues of family, justice system processes, and psych= ological entanglements that pose unprecedented challenges to ordinary indiv= iduals living their lives and reflecting their values. "Sometimes karmic re= turn takes lifetimes. Sometimes it is instant." The gratification of the le= ssons presented in this candid memoir is immediate, raw, and thoroughly com= pelling.

EDITOR'S NOTE:

The Midwest Book Review is an organization of volunteers committed to promo= ting literacy, library usage, and small press publishing. We accept no fund=
    s from authors or publishers. Full permission is given to post any of these=
    reviews on thematically appropriate websites, newsgroups, listserves, inte= rnet discussion groups, organizational newsletters, or to interested indivi= duals. Please give the Midwest Book Review a credit line when doing so.

The Midwest Book Review publishes the monthly book review magazines "Califo= rnia Bookwatch", "Internet Bookwatch", "Children's Bookwatch", "MBR Bookwat= ch", "Reviewer's Bookwatch", and "Small Press Bookwatch". All are available=
    for free on the Midwest Book Review website at www (dot) midwestbookreview=
    (dot) com

Anyone wanting to submit books for review consideration can send them to:

James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief
    Midwest Book Review
    278 Orchard Drive
    Oregon, WI 53575-1129

To submit reviews of any fiction or non-fiction books, email them to Frugal= muse (at) aol (dot) com (Be sure to include the book title, author, publish= er, publisher address, publisher website/phone number, 13-digit ISBN number=
    , and list price).

James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief
    Midwest Book Review

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.8.4 (Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: ---:- FTN<->UseNet Gate -:--- (3:633/280.2@fidonet)