• Season 34, Episode 07 Review

From M.P.@3:633/280.2 to All on Sun Nov 20 20:38:58 2022
    I have to say that the couch gag on this one, was pretty good. I thought i=
    t was both clever and funny (mmm, gravy).

The commercials of Duffman through time was pretty decent and I'm glad that=
    they're expanding on backstory for side characters.

1st Act - I think it had some great jokes like him running into the women l= awyer organizations and making fun of the fake apologies. It also really s= etup the episode and the premise really well.

2nd Act - I loved the P.F. Changs parody food but prefer when Simpsons were=
    a little more subtle with their humor. 34 years later and we still learn = more about our main characters with learning that Lisa is, in fact, an Agat=
    he Christie fan and that her second favorite music genre is K-Pop. Really = shows how out of touch Homer really is with her when He's cutting up her fo=
    od too. Like she's 2. Probably when he last took interest in her.

3rd Act - This was a pretty strong act and loved the opening joke "Can't be= lieve you're here! Because I don't know who you are" and Lisa calling out = how weird it is. I hope that they stick with him being Puffman now. Would=
    love to see a Springfield with legalized marijuana. Also, pretty funny th=
    ey couldn't show him smoking marijuana. Wonder what that will look like in=
    15 years when people rewatch. Lastly, I liked the happy ending with Lisa = and Homer where Lisa got to drop her own tea set at the sight of a murder. = =20

Overall - A great episode and I think will become a classic at some time. = Definitely has ringings of Simpsons of yore. Light hearted, funny, and sem= i-focused on the Simpsons family itself. =20

Score - 8/10

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.8 (Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: ---:- FTN<->UseNet Gate -:--- (3:633/280.2@fidonet)