• Re: A2091+Rev 6 A2630 = CRASH. Please help!

From Michael Piotrowicz@3:633/280.2 to All on Fri Jun 9 12:10:21 2023

Dear Klaus

I just soldered together the A2000 remake v6.2 I then added a R4.0 A2091. =
    Alles gut. I then added a Rev 6 2630 and was greeted with what passes for=
    Guru Meditation these days. HDD access was so garbled I never made it to w= orkbench (I am using a Zulu scsi HDD replacement so replacing the scrambled=
    mess on DH0 was easy.)

I too became suspicious of an interaction between the cards and searched fo=
    r them by model number plus 'crash' to immediately find your post. I could=
    not find the HCT chips you used easily and used HC. I believe they are sli= ghtly faster but that both are significantly slower than the original ALS p= art.=20

Replacing U605 did nothing but replacing the second ALS245 right next to it=
    as well fixed my problems too. Hopefully it has not messed up the bus for = other cards. Looking at the bandwidth of the HC though I cannot imagine how=

Thanks so much for sharing the details 20 years ago.

M

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.8 (Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: ---:- FTN<->UseNet Gate -:--- (3:633/280.2@fidonet)
  • From Michael Mickatroid@3:633/280.2 to All on Fri Jun 9 15:46:13 2023

Dear Klaus

I just soldered together the A2000 remake v6.2 I then added a R4.0 A2091. A= lles gut. I then added a Rev 6 2630 and was greeted with what passes for Gu=
    ru Meditation these days. HDD access was so garbled I never made it to work= bench (I am using a Zulu scsi HDD replacement so replacing the scrambled me=
    ss on DH0 was easy.)

I too became suspicious of an interaction between the cards and searched fo=
    r them by model number plus 'crash' to immediately find your post. I could = not find the HCT chips you used easily and used HC. I believe they are slig= htly faster but that both are significantly slower than the original ALS pa= rt.

Replacing U605 did nothing but replacing the second ALS245 right next to it=
    as well fixed my problems too. Hopefully it has not messed up the bus for = other cards. Looking at the bandwidth of the HC though I cannot imagine how=

Thanks so much for sharing the details 30 years ago.

M

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.8 (Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: ---:- FTN<->UseNet Gate -:--- (3:633/280.2@fidonet)