• autoadd

From Rick Smith@1:105/81 to All on Sun Dec 3 07:15:06 2023
    Hello All!

I have just started hosting another ftn. One of my networks I had autosubscribe on for the nodes in that network. However this new network it is adding nodes to the new areas from my other network. I read the docs and it seems the only option for autosubscribe is on/off. I have linkgrp etc set for each network. Is there a way to have links autosubcribe for specific network? My links cfg is separate for each network I host

Regards,

Rick

... BBSing is a terminal experience
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20220504
    * Origin: Awesome Net- Oregon FTN Hub - www.awesomenet.us (1:105/81)
  • From Michael Dukelsky@2:5020/1042 to Rick Smith on Mon Dec 4 18:54:16 2023
    Hello Rick,

Sunday December 03 2023, Rick Smith wrote to All:

I have just started hosting another ftn. One of my networks I had autosubscribe on for the nodes in that network. However this new
    network it is adding nodes to the new areas from my other network. I
    read the docs and it seems the only option for autosubscribe is
    on/off. I have linkgrp etc set for each network. Is there a way to
    have links autosubcribe for specific network? My links cfg is
    separate for each network I host

You have both uplinks and downlinks. These notions are not absolute: the same node may be your uplink for one area and your downlink for another one. Nevertheless, let's look at such a scheme:

+--------+ +-----------+ +----------+
    | uplink |-->| your node |-->| downlink |
    +--------+ +-----------+ +----------+

A 'linkgrp' specifies a group to use for areas auto-created from your uplink. So you put the 'linkgrp' line to the definition of your uplink. On the other hand, '<robot name>AutoSubscribe' is for automatically subscribing your downlink to all autocreated areas. So you put the line to the definition of your downlink. Thus, 'linkgrp' has nothing to do with '<robot name>AutoSubscribe': the first is for an uplink and the second is for a downlink.

In theory, 'AccessGrp' should work with 'autosubscribe'. You define which area groups a downlink may have access (it may be defined in linkdefaults block), and if an area is created that is not included in the 'AccessGrp' list, the downlink should not be automatically subscribed to it. But I'm not sure if it works that way.

Michael

... node (at) f1042 (dot) ru
    --- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20231008
    * Origin: Moscow, Russia (2:5020/1042)