• Actor Wil Wheaton Explains Why He Still Wears A Mask In Public: "Covid

From Ubiquitous@3:633/280.2 to All on Fri Nov 17 20:30:54 2023
    Subject: Actor Wil Wheaton Explains Why He Still Wears A Mask In Public: "Covid Is Very Much Still A Thing"
    Summary: https://www.dailywire.com/news/actor-wil-wheaton-explains-why-he-still-wears-a-mask-in-public-covid-is-very-much-still-a-thing
    Keywords: https://www.dailywire.com/news/actor-wil-wheaton-explains-why-he-still-wears-a-mask-in-public-covid-is-very-much-still-a-thing

"Star Trek" actor Wil Wheaton recently explained why he feels compelled to keep wearing a mask in certain public settings even though people act like "d*cks" about it.

The 51-year-old took to social media, saying "someone asked why [my wife]
    Anne and I wear masks to hockey games, and because they weren't a d*ck about it, I answered them."

Wheaton said he was posting his full reply for future reference.

"Covid is very much still A Thing, and so is the flu, the common cold, and other respiratory illnesses," he began a lengthy Facebook post.

"I started masking during the pandemic, because I didn't want to get sick and die. I have kept masking when I'm in close proximity to other people, large crowds, or small indoor spaces because I haven't had the flu or a cold or, gods forbid, Covid, since I made that choice."

He continued, "It's such a tiny, simple, thing and it makes a huge difference for me. It's too bad that so many people have decided to make another
    personal health choice that is none of their business, that doesn't affect them at all, just another part of their culture war. And it tells you everything you need to know about a person when they are a d*ck about it."

Wheaton went on to describe a fellow hockey game attendee who was "coughing and sneezing his face off" during the game, which he presented as a good reason to be wearing a mask. "That's basically why I wear a mask whenever I'm in a crowd, and why I wish it wasn't such a big stupid deal (pro or
    against)," he added.

Next, he said people appreciate his masking. "I see a lot of thank yous for wearing masks in our photos. I appreciate the kindness, but we aren't making
    a statement. We aren't modeling behavior. We are doing what is best for us, period. This isn't a statement, it's just a personal health choice. If it helps normalize the entire thing, I'm happy for that passive bonus, but it's not something I'm spending an action or even a bonus action on," he wrote.

Finally, Wheaton compared masking to wearing shoes.

He wrote, "I haven't heard someone complain that I wear shoes into a restaurant, and I haven't ever had someone thank me for wearing shoes in a restaurant. I hope it will be the same with masks, sooner than later. It's nobody's business, and the only people who are dicks about it are dicks about everything else, anyway."

"I'm just tired of this being not just A Thing, but A Big Stupid Fucking Culture War Thing," the actor concluded. "So. Mind your business, do what's best for your health and in consideration of the health of those around you, and don't be a dick."

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.8.4 (Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: A noiseless patient Spider (3:633/280.2@fidonet)
  • From Ian J. Ball@3:633/280.2 to All on Sat Nov 18 02:55:18 2023
    Subject: Re: Actor Wil Wheaton Explains Why He Still Wears A Mask In Public:
    "Covid Is Very Much Still A Thing"

On 11/17/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

"Star Trek" actor Wil Wheaton recently explained why he feels compelled to keep wearing a mask in certain public settings even though people act like "d*cks" about it.

The 51-year-old took to social media, saying "someone asked why [my wife] Anne and I wear masks to hockey games, and because they weren't a d*ck about it, I answered them."

"Covid is very much still A Thing, and so is the flu, the common cold, and other respiratory illnesses," he began a lengthy Facebook post.

"I started masking during the pandemic, because I didn't want to get sick and die. I have kept masking when I'm in close proximity to other people, large crowds, or small indoor spaces because I haven't had the flu or a cold or, gods forbid, Covid, since I made that choice."

He continued, "It's such a tiny, simple, thing and it makes a huge difference for me. It's too bad that so many people have decided to make another personal health choice that is none of their business, that doesn't affect them at all, just another part of their culture war. And it tells you everything you need to know about a person when they are a d*ck about it."

Anim is right - Wheaton is a total nutcase.

* Origin: A noiseless patient Spider (3:633/280.2@fidonet)
  • From anim8rfsk@3:633/280.2 to All on Sat Nov 18 08:13:54 2023
    Subject: Re: Actor Wil Wheaton Explains Why He Still Wears A Mask In
    Public: "Covid Is Very Much Still A Thing"

Ian J. Ball <ijball@mac.invalid> wrote:
    On 11/17/23 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

"Star Trek" actor Wil Wheaton recently explained why he feels compelled to >> keep wearing a mask in certain public settings even though people act like >> "d*cks" about it.

The 51-year-old took to social media, saying "someone asked why [my wife]
    Anne and I wear masks to hockey games, and because they weren't a d*ck about >> it, I answered them."

"Covid is very much still A Thing, and so is the flu, the common cold, and >> other respiratory illnesses," he began a lengthy Facebook post.

"I started masking during the pandemic, because I didn't want to get sick and
    die. I have kept masking when I'm in close proximity to other people, large >> crowds, or small indoor spaces because I haven't had the flu or a cold or, >> gods forbid, Covid, since I made that choice."

He continued, "It's such a tiny, simple, thing and it makes a huge difference
    for me. It's too bad that so many people have decided to make another
    personal health choice that is none of their business, that doesn't affect >> them at all, just another part of their culture war. And it tells you
    everything you need to know about a person when they are a d*ck about it."

Anim is right - Wheaton is a total nutcase.

:)

I would say that he also seems to be a huge dick, but it’s also pretty
    clear he’s an incredibly tiny dick.

--
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

* Origin: Easynews - www.easynews.com (3:633/280.2@fidonet)