• The Media Nominates Their New George Floyd (was: What liberal media?)

From Adam H. Kerman@3:633/280.2 to All on Sat Apr 13 09:02:24 2024
    Crosspost to newsgroups Ubi doesn't read cut.

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
    Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

The story that Ubi the shithead plagarized was this:

The Media Nominates Their New George Floyd
    By Matt Walsh
    The Daily Wire
    Apr 11, 2024 https://www.dailywire.com/news/the-media-nominates-their-new-george-floyd

I had already started a thread about this incident.

Last year, a man in his mid-20's named Dexter Reed was charged with three >>counts of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and one count of possession of >>a firearm with a revoked "Firearms Owners Identification Card", which is >>required in the state of Illinois before you can possess a weapon or >>ammunition. Because no one really spends time in jail in Illinois anymore, >>Reed was free on pretrial release for these felony charges as recently as >>this past March.

It goes without saying that at that point, any functioning member of society >>who somehow found himself charged with these crimes would try to lay low for >>a bit. Maybe they'd keep their illegal guns at home, for example. But Dexter >>Reed did not choose that approach because he's not a functioning member of >>society. Instead, in March, Reed went for a drive in an SUV wearing a ski >>mask and carrying a firearm.

No, wait. What is this heresy you speak?!? According to the media
    reports I've seen, he was a future scholar, a potential astronaut, cut
    down in his prime!

When they show pictures of him, it's always in his graduation cap and
    gown, smiling at the bright future he would have had in particle physics
    or neurosurgery, if not for those racist cops.

I've seen his high school basketball picture.

That's when police say they noticed that Reed was breaking yet another law: >>he wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

This is where Effa chimes in and claims he was killed for not wearing a >seatbelt, instead of the truth which is that he was killed for SHOOTING
    AT THE POLICE.

Hold it. I asked you about the "traffic stop" and the number of tactical officers involved. I wanted your opinion. Can you give it to me now?

I gave links to the COPA site with the released videos.

This wasn't a traffic stop. There's no such thing as a traffic stop with tactical officers. Also, I find it difficult to believe that anybody
    could see the seatbelt violation. You can see the lack of a shoulder
    belt but the seatbelt violation is failure to wear a lap belt. Unless
    the cop can see that the seatbelt isn't buckled, then he hasn't observed
    a violation.

He was being stopped because they recognized the vehicle or they
    recognized him. Why? No one has said anything about a want or warrant.
    They wanted to search the vehicle for evidence of further firearms code violations, or perhaps he was a suspect in a robbery.

THAT WAS NO TRAFFIC STOP.

Instead of cooperating with the traffic stop, which is what civilized people >>do, this is what happened. I'm going to show two angles of this incident >>from police body cams.

Thank god for the leftists who insisted on police being required to wear >body cams. Those body cams have robbed them of so many fake racism
    claims over the years-- and cleared so many cops of wrongdoing-- that I
    have to imagine they're sorely regretting that demand at this point.

There was never a suggestion that the cops were at fault in the
    SHOOTING. Even the anti-cop biased COPA said immediately that Reed fired
    the first shot, so they believed the initial incident reports.

Was the stop, in and of itself, a civil rights violation? The shooting
    is beside the point. Obviously, even if the stop and search was illegal,
    Reed had no lawful basis to shoot.

The second body cam is from an officer who was shot as this unfolded.

https://youtu.be/dmLPuExLow8

It's clear from this footage that Dexter Reed is wearing a ski mask and he's >>not cooperating with the officers. They tell him to unlock the door and stop >>rolling up the windows and he refuses for quite some time. Then the officers >>see something that clearly puts them in fear of their life. They back up and >>shots begin ringing out. One officer is hit in the wrist and he survives.

According to the Chicago Sun Times: "Alderman Brian Hopkins, chairman
    of the City Council's Public Safety Committee, said he's been told >>26-year-old Reed fired 11 shots through his car window in what Hopkins >>called 'an attempt to kill police officers'. An empty gun was recovered
    at the scene, Hopkins said. "He fired 11 rounds at these police officers >>before he was eventually killed."

As of now, police are still investigating this shooting. But Chicago's >>Civilian Office of Police Accountability has determined that the evidence >>"appears to confirm" that Reed fired the first shot. And the video by itself >>shows that pretty clearly.

One social media user on Twitter, the account "Expose Them", synced up >>footage from two of the body cams that Chicago police have released. The top >>bodycam is the one I just showed of the officer who got hit. The other >>bodycam is from a third officer on the scene. You can see that the first >>officer gets hit before the other officers fire:

https://youtu.be/MCxR2cmr3Zw

The footage is pretty clear evidence that the officers defended themselves. >>That should end the discussion entirely. But that hasn't happened because >>even before these body cams were released, professional agitators engaged in >>a concerted effort to turn Dexter Reed into a martyr.

They want a new Saint Floyd. Someone to inspire a new round of looting
    and mayhem.

Michael Brown wasn't innocent. George Floyd wasn't innocent. Reed wasn't innocent.

During the "traffic stop", they demanded that Reed roll down the
    driver's side window. It also sounded like he was being ordered to lower
    the left rear door window. He didn't cooperate. In a real traffic stop,
    the driver does not need to cooperate with demands for searching the
    vehicle.

They saw him. They wanted to take him into custody. They wanted to
    search the vehicle. Was any of this legal?

. . .

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.8.4 (Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: A noiseless patient Spider (3:633/280.2@fidonet)