• Re: Let's go Brandon!

From Ubiquitous@3:633/280.2 to All on Wed Apr 17 18:30:54 2024
    Summary: https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-begins-pressuring-israel-to-minimize-response-to-unprecedented-iranian-attack-reports
    Keywords: https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-begins-pressuring-israel-to-minimize-response-to-unprecedented-iranian-attack-reports

President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon’s top Middle East policy official who is now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever Iran’s goal was for this attack, it fell “well short of that objective.”

“Given how significant this attack was, it is difficult to see how Israel cannot respond,” Stroul added.

U.S. officials have asked that Israel notify the U.S. before launching any kind of military response, CNN reported. This is the first time that Iran has ever directly attacked the Jewish state.

CNN added that the Biden administration was urging the Israelis to have “containment in mind” rather than escalating the attacks, even though the administration told the network that they viewed Iran’s attack as “disproportionate” to Israel killing the Iranian general.

The report said that Biden was focused on “preventing a full-scale regional conflict from erupting.”

Israel’s security cabinet authorized the country’s three-man war cabinet — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant, and
    Benny Gantz — to decide the country’s response to the Iranian attack.

NBC News reported that the Biden administration was “concerned” that Israel could launch a warranted military response “without thinking through
    potential fallout afterward.”

The report said that Biden “has privately expressed concern” that Netanyahu could get the U.S. involved in a war in the Middle East, which comes after Biden relaxed sanctions enforcement on Iran, allowing the world’s leading state sponsor of terrorism to make $80 billion in oil revenues.

“I don’t think they had a strategy,” a senior Biden administration official said of Israel’s decision last week to kill an Iranian general who was involved in helping Hamas plan and execute its October 7 massacre on Israel.

The Biden official continued to throw Israel under the bus, claiming: “The Israelis don’t always make the best strategic decisions.”

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.8.4 (Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: A noiseless patient Spider (3:633/280.2@fidonet)
  • From BTR1701@3:633/280.2 to All on Thu Apr 18 05:47:47 2024
    In article <uvoo24$1lc8m$8@dont-email.me>,
    Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday
    when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at
    the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who is now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".

I've seen reports that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran
    launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.

You love to see it.

* Origin: ---:- FTN<->UseNet Gate -:--- (3:633/280.2@fidonet)
  • From shawn@3:633/280.2 to All on Thu Apr 18 09:49:18 2024
    On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:47:47 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to
    minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday
    when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at
    the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way
    suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who is >> now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever
    Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".

I've seen reports that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran >launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.

You love to see it.

I would hope that wasn't the case as this was supposedly a prepared
    response. Meaning that Iran wasn't using hastily thrown together
    weapons to attack Israel, but weaponry they had been building up over
    a long time. If this was weapons that they didn't just cobble together
    over the weekend then they clearly can't go to war with Israel (even
    if they had the money to do so, which they don't.)

While I'm no fan of Iran, I would hate to see innocent civilians on
    either side get hurt. Even if they are being hurt by defective
    weapons.

• From FPP@3:633/280.2 to All on Fri Apr 19 02:14:24 2024
    On 4/18/24 3:56 AM, trotsky wrote:
    On 4/17/24 2:47 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
    ˙ Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to >>> minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on
    Saturday
    when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and
    drones at
    the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185
    one-way
    suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles. >>>
    Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official
    who is
    now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever >>> Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".

I've seen reports

Cite?

that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran
    launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.

You love to see it.

Bet it was big men... strong men. Men with tears in their eyes.
    And I'll bet they started with "Sir!"

--
    "Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
    Bible 25B.G. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ek8kap93bmk0q5w/D%20U%20N%20E%20Part%20II.jpg?dl=0

Gracie, age 6. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0

* Origin: Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh Wgah'nagl Fh (3:633/280.2@fidonet)
  • From Ubiquitous@3:633/280.2 to All on Fri Apr 19 18:30:46 2024
    atropos@mac.com wrote:

President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to
    minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on
    Saturday when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles
    and drones at the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-
    way suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise
    missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who
    is now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that
    whatever Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that
    objective".

I've seen reports that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran >launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.

I think it's Hamas, Hezbolla, other Iranian proxies who are doing that.
    I did hear, however, that Iranian media is using footage of California wildfires and a fans at a boyband concert with their claims that they devastated Israel with their drone and missile attack.

--
    Let's go Brandon!