• Gaming success!

From Shurato@21:2/148 to All on Fri Aug 23 23:29:00 2024
    I picked up a TrimUI Smart Pro with a 256GB SD card full of ROMs. I've had quite some fun playing what of these games I've tried so far. It plays everything from Atari 2600 to PSP. The Dream Cast games are particularly
    fun for me... It was $79.99 plus $30 for the SD card. It's generic, so I've ordered a Samsung 1TB SD card to move the stuff over to before it fails.

--
    Shurato, Sysop Shurato's Heavenly Sphere (ssh, telnet, pop3, ftp,nntp,
    ,wss) (Ports 22,23,110,21,119,8080) (ssh login 'bbs' pass 'shsbbs').

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    ---
    * Origin: Shurato's Heavenly Sphere telnet://shsbbs.net (21:2/148)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Shurato on Fri Aug 23 23:30:58 2024
    Re: Gaming success!
    By: Shurato to All on Fri Aug 23 2024 11:29 pm

I picked up a TrimUI Smart Pro with a 256GB SD card full of ROMs. I've had quite some fun playing what of these games I've tried so far. It plays everything from Atari 2600 to PSP. The Dream Cast games are particularly fun for me... It was $79.99 plus $30 for the SD card. It's generic, so I've ordered a Samsung 1TB SD card to move the stuff over to before it fails.

That looks interesting. About 10 years ago, I bought a GCW Zero handheld gaming device, which was pretty much the same form factor. I put some ROMs & things on it (there was also a small selection of native games & things for it), and it worked great for a while, until the screen crapped out a couple years ago.

Not too long ago, I bought a RetroPi 2 (Raspberry Pi case) and a Raspberry Pi Compute Module for it, which is what I'm using now for a handheld emulator. I think it works fairly well, though a couple things I don't like is that it feels a little bulky and it doesn't have any analog sticks. Also, the emulation software (currently I'm using Recalbox on it) seems to be designed for larger screens, so the font size for the text is a bit small in places.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digdist.synchro.net (21:1/137)